Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Teeth and More

So after 4-5 months of me telling everyone that Ava is teething (which includes 2 ear infections), shes got a teensy mountain range erupting from her lower jaw! It feels like a barbie saw! Her eating has gotten worse. I'm not sure if its due to the tooth or her nose- that is running like the dickens!! I felt like I had some monumental stuff to write tonight, but my brain is mush. Ava woke up last night at 3 and pretty much didn't settle back down until 4.30.

She turned 8 months this past weekend. We got her some fun stuff from Ikea. Namely a large turtle that she is crazy about. I'm not sure if its because its a giant round plush disc that is almost as big as her, but she loves putting it over her head or leaning back on it in her saucer. Then of course over dramatically, throwing her hands above her head. It cracks me up every time. She is also experiencing separation anxiety. Its bad. I could put her on the floor and walk behind the couch and she flips out. Thank god i don't drop her off in the mornings! Rich says shes a little bit clingy and cries just a little bit.

Lights are also a deep fascination of hers. She loves to point at them and touch them. Not the hot part people. Her facial expressions are much more vivid and her smiles and laughs are abundant. Shes still quiet serious though.

Oh! Some new explorations in Ava's world. Crawling UNDER things. She loves to take the route under/through legs versus around them. Also between narrow passages of say the couch and ottoman. Monday morning she got stuck in her excersaucer, or should I say under it. IT was too slippery for her to crawl out. This past weekend we werea t the Rings admiring their new baby, Max, when I noticed Ava was semi lying on the floor attempting to crawl...but an ottoman was in the way. I then realized she was trying to crawl UNDER it, but there was not enough head space so she just stayed there and kept on trying.....I guess thinking if her legs kept moving she eventually would get under there. At some point before or after this attempt, she chucked her paci under it. Either in pure disdain or another reason to attempt getting under that ottoman! Or perhaps it was her way of waiting to watch someone else go get it so she could see how it was done. :)

In any event, she never stops, there are not breaks in her world, just *pitstops* for eating and sleeping. And, you know, shes still tapping a foot, bouncing a leg, rubbing my arm and any number of other things WHILE shes at an ole pitstop.


Rich holding little Max Ring

No comments: