Wednesday, June 24, 2009

What is it with commercial characters?!

Yesterday morning I woke up to hear Ava yelling... "NEMO! NEMO! I WANT NEMO!!!". Nemo happens to be a pair of pajamas, but specifically the short sleeve shirt part. yes SHORT SLEEVE. Ava is obsessed with short sleeves and this NEMO pj top. An oldie but goodie from her cousin Anna. Which her cousin Emily ALSO wore. LOVE the had me downs!

NEMO was forgotten when she saw her ELMO helmet. This is also a lovely hand me down from her cousins Max and Anna. The Elmo helmet went on and Nemo was forgotten. Elmo got dressed, came to breakfast and went to school all while on top of Avas head. Rich said that all the kids were in awe of Ava as she walked in sporting the new cap. Not only were they in awe, but Ava KNEW it. She had that overly satisfied look of, "oh ya....you know it....Im cool."

I later found out at pickup it had to be taken away because she wouldn't share. Shocker. But she found Elmo in her bag and he came home, ate dinner got in jammies and read books...all the while a top her head. Well, you know what happened when she went to bed....Elmo had to come all a top her head. As a good mom I knew this was a dangerous situation. Straps = choking hazard. She screamed for a good 20-30 minutes... "I WANT HELMET!!!! I WANT ELMO!!!! ELLLLLMMMOOOO!!!!!" "HEMMMMMMMMMUUUUUUTTTTttttttt". It was unreal. She woke Clara up twice! She finally drifted off to sleep and woke up this morning asking for NEMO again. Elmo was in the closet hiding...so she forgot all about him. :)

No comments: