Thursday, February 7, 2008

The monkey lives!

So I pick up Ava at daycare the other day. Nikki is holding her and puts her down as i stand just inside the doorway. Ava has a big smile on her face and is practically running towards me. her arms are semi outstretched and shes making her 1 syllable noise. I was squatting there with my arms outstretched smiling as well. Would you believe that she ran right by me? Right into the Toddler room. She wants to CLIMB! They have a few steps that lead up to a platform and then a decline down the other side. I mean its really not that surprising that she wants in that room so bad to climb on stuff. It should be an interesting next few months to see how she 'deals' with being in the infant room til that one year mark. Maybe she will stop poking the dollies in the eyes and go for the infants. OR she will figure out how to drag stuff over to the door to get high enough to open it. She is doing this at home to get up on the chairs on the family room. I don't give her enough credit. I just didn't think 10 months olds could do stuff like that. But I guess shes not really 'ordinary'.

On another note, she is getting 4 teeth at once up top. No WONDER shes been crying in the middle of the night. Poor thing! I cant wait to see how silly she looks with a bunch of teeth! Not to mention all the new foods she can eat! Speaking of eating, shes been sampling girl scout cookies. And wouldn't you know, she LOVES them! I've got to buy a toothbrush! Between Rich and I, she doesn't have a fighting chance! Sweet tooth GALORE!

We also finally got her a REAL winter jacket. Shes been wearing this fleece number everyday, over her sweaters. I think Rich and I started feeling guilty when we saw all the other infants wearing snow suits. Honestly, i cant imagine she'd go for that. There would be some serious screaming involved there I think. I guess I should just keep telling myself that, eh?

No comments: