Saturday, November 17, 2007

Date Night

Rich and I just got home from our first official date night. We left Ava in the hands of one of her favorite daycare providers, which made the transition really easy for all of us. Dinner was fabulous and the movie following was great fun too. I cannot recall the last time we saw a movie out.

Avas greatest achievements to date are that she is standing. This girl is determined to be the smallest walking human ever! I have to say, not as her mom, but as a person watching a baby growing with everyday challenges its totally amazing. As soon as she started crawling she started pulling herself up on anything she could. Immediately, and I mean within a day, she learned that if you let go - you fall. Shes a got a lil' bruise on her forehead for a good fall at daycare. Her solution - slowly lower herself to the floor while holding on with one hand. Then she started doing squats while holding on. Then she started cruising across the furniture. Now, check this out, she lets go and sees how long she can maintain balance. It would be for a split second at first and she'd grab back on to the ottoman/couch/excersaucer. Today she was practicing so intently over and over again, I can say she legitimately stood. She stood for at minimally 5 seconds. Count that out. That IS a long time. This all started with the crawling, 2 WEEKS ago!!! She is a determined little bugger. The best part is, is when she does her stand move she turns to look for recognition, or a "hey, check me out-did you see what I just did. I rock?!" I try putting her in the excersaucer a little more these days. That could slow her development down right? I don't think we are ready for a walker! Gates, we need gates!

1 comment:

rootaberger said...

Her Mom used to say, "If I am going to row, I am rowing to win." So, all I can say about Ava crawling/standing/walking is: What'd you expect??