Saturday, November 10, 2007

Daddy, where are you going?

Rich got up at 5.30 to give Ava her morning bottle, he was spending some quality QT with her. Then I got up and we all played for a bit. Rich then went on the incredibly needed dunks run and ran into our good friend Elly and her son Tynan. LOVE our neighborhood! After he got back he had to run to Home Depot. Ava crawled her way over to the door and watched him drive away. It was the cutest thing I have seen in a long time. Well since maybe a few mins before when she was smiling and laughing with snot hanging out of her nose.

You should all know, it has been a week since she debuted her crawling skills. Everyday they improve with agility and speed. She literally follows me around the house. I have had the comfort of knowing she couldn't get up the step from the family room into the kitchen. That comfort has since gone, disappeared...poof! It took her just a week to decide to explore beyond the crazy flower rug. This is in part due to the fact she is mastering crawling on the wood floors. Slippery fleece or not. We need gates SOON. Unreal.

I dropped her off at daycare Thursday am, as I had a function after work and could not pick her up. So there I am at daycare, putting her bottles away in the bottle fridge. I had plopped Ava on the floor surrounded by a variety of toys of different textures and colors. This will keep her busy until I say goodbye. I hear a few babies crying, not unusual in the infant room. I turn from the fridge to put her bag away and i see her standing - standing over a baby bouncer hanging on to the toys dangling over the seat, with a young baby in it...at least 3 months. The baby is crying. Ava is smiling. It was almost horrifying to think that maybe she poked the baby in the eye, or pushed off of his face to get into a standing position. However, she didn't care. She was so proud. I honestly think he was just crying and maybe a little freaked out. I quickly 'removed' Ava and sat her on the floor with her toys and told her that we didn't climb on other babies to play with their special toys. She nodded in acknowledgment and said 'mommy, i wont do it again. i love you.'. That what she said in my head anyways. It worked for me. With a quick kiss, whisper and head rub I dashed out the door before she saw me leave.

we . are . in . trouble .

No comments: