Sunday, December 14, 2008

Santa!! Its Santa!

Ava waiting for Santa.

Here comes Santa!!

Today, we joined the Stroms at CBC to see Santa Claus. Not that Ava knows exactly WHO he is, but she can say his name and recognize him, even as he approached CBC on his launch! They had ice cream for the kids, story time and OF COURSE a visit with Santa to let him know what you wanted to see under the tree! We were not sure of how Ava would react to Santa. I mean, he is kinda scary if you don't really KNOW him. All that red and the hairy face. After waiting in a line for a bit, we finally got to see him. I sat next to him and put Ava on my lap. I have to admit, she DID put up a fight and there was some whining with respect to the fact I was sitting next to this fellow. Our camera actually died in the middle of the whole thing, but Rich managed to get a few shots.
Scary Santa


Gigg, Liam, Ava, Mom


Aside from Ava getting acquainted with Santa, we have our tree up and of course have had our first casualty. Not only has Ava been taking the beads off and opening the gifts, shes playing with the glass ball ornaments. She likes to pop off the tops. I was fidgeting with something the n turned around picked up Ava and we danced around f the room to the Christmas Revels, when noticed blood all over her hand! I washed her hand off and she had a teeny cut on her finger that must have come from the glass of the ball or the metal top. Either or, I shouldn't have turned my back on her! She does LOVE the Christmas tree and looks at it often pointing 'kiskis tree'. I have also let her play with our nativity scene. Shes especially enjoys playing with baby Jesus in his bed - 'babee jeeses' she says.

Our Tree this year:

No comments: