Sunday, October 7, 2007

Its official. Ava is Catholic.

The rumors are true, Ava became a catholic today. I have been neglecting the blog and finally have a really good reason to update it. It started off to be a grand day, Ava slept in ate well and took some good naps. We got all the food out and picked up ready for our celebratory guests. I think I ironed Avas gown 10 times...Rich a few more. In the end it didn't even MATTER. The thing was mangled once she got it on. I could have bought some time earlier to..to...i don't know do something. Put batteries in the vid camera, which i forgot to do. I did remember gas i the car to get us there, however. ;)

8 other babies shared this day with Ava. Some very new and some much older. Father Ronan had the pleasure of baptizing her. She was very good in the church, though she has always been quite good in church. Her first appearance in that church was her 5th day on earth! Not to mention spending the 8th day of her life at the easter vigil. Not a peep! She was quite busy looking all around, playing with a few toys, a few cousins & Nan ripping wipes in half and having some small commentary here and there.

I would assume that everyone is DYING to know what her dress looked like, right? Ha! Well because dad had some input it was very very simple and cotton. He did have concern for the length (he didn't believe me that these gowns are supposed to be past the feet). I was looking for a super duper cute Victorian gown with some beautiful vintage lace or eyelet work. Rich wasn't having it though. She was still pretty darn cute in her over sized gown.

Now, if you don't have one of these you should get one. Have you ever heard of a 'Kathy'? Its the latest rage and if you don't know about it, find out about it. Thats all I can say. She kept Ava calm and relaxed all afternoon. Not an easy feat for many.

Unfortunately the pics on my camera were not fantastic. Lots of wiggling....and of course the evil red eye. Here are a few.

I should mention a few things. Friday evening we had a baptism class at the parish with Father Ronan. This happens to us with father Ronan....we got the front row, which means you get picked to answer his questions. You know when there is a pop quiz and your brain freezes? Somhow everything you thought you knew, you never did. Thankfully he picked Rich most of the time. Ava was so bust he picked her up for a bit and walked around with her. She did add commentary here and there through the talk. She also tooted when it was dead silent. I feel bad admitting this, but i was slightly embarrassed between the silent hysterical laughing I was doing. Who did father Ronan look at, thats right....me. ha! Special thaqnks to billy and Lynn for coming out Fri night and sunday-except bill who came out sat to fix the floors with Rich. Also, for being Avas God Parents. Also, thanks to the Scannell fam for brining out so much delicious food. I have all of the extra bowls/trays!

No comments: